If interested in using my services, please contact my principle agents Badenoch and Clark on 0113 - 231 - 4545
Name Paul Andrews
Car Driver/Owner Yes
Badenoch and Clark Ref. 535124
1972: Admitted as a Solicitor
1975-1979: University of London, by correspondence BA Classics 2:1
1965-1968: University of London, by attendance at full time course at Liverpool College of Commerce LLB (Hons) 2:2
1961-1965: Ellesmere College, Shropshire 4 A’ Levels 8 O’ Levels
Darlington Borough Council
Conveyancing and general legal work including planning and other agreements
Richmondhsire District Council
Commercial conveyancing and other Council legal work, including work on planning and other agreements
Bradford City Council
Planning enquiries and Planning Committee and other work related to Town and Country Planning
Wakefield and District Housing
Commercial Property Solicitor
January 2007- March 2007
• Handled a full commercial property
• Responsible for giving commercial property legal advise to the Housing Association
Various locum assignments including:
Lancasters, Howe Harrison, Jonathan P Morley and Rodney W.Noon & Co
Residential Property Lawyer
October 2006 – December 2006
• Covering residential property caseload.
June 2006 – October 2006
Kirklees Metropolitan Council
Commercial Property Lawyer
December 2005 – June 2006
• Handled a highly complex commercial property caseload.
• Responsible for several very high value cases, including high value leases, landlord and tenants, sales and purchases.
July 2005 – November 2005
Various locum assignments including: Selby District Council, Fox Hayes, O’Rourke Reid Solicitors, The Lister Croft Partnership, Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council, Harrowell Shaftoe, Fitzgerald-Hart, Hempsons, Oxley & Coward and Simpson Millar
Property Locum (via Badenoch & Clark)
October 2001 – July 2005
Jonathan P Morley, York
1997 – September 2001
Ryedale District Council
1988 – 1996
Principal Property Solicitor
St Helen’s Borough Council
1984 – 1988
• Responsible for supervising the teams, which dealt with conveyancing, compulsory purchase and property litigation.
Local Solicitor, Commission for the New Towns, Corby New Town
1979 – 1984
• Solicitor for the Corby Office of the commission for the New Towns and supervised a small team of lawyers.
• Dealt mainly with commercial conveyancing as part of the governments plan to revitalise the town following the closure of the steel works.
Instructed Counsel to represent both the Commission for the New Towns and the Corby District Council on the public enquiry into the planned A1-M1 Link Road with a view to getting a spur duel road going direct to Corby, to assist the regeneration of the town's employment.
Kerrier District Council, Cornwall
1976 – 1979
• Supervised all the council’s legal work under the direction of the council’s secretary.
• Undertook a substantial personal caseload including conveyancing of a commercial type and acting as the council’s advocate at planning enquiries, and in the magistrates and County courts.
Sodbury District Council, Bristol
1972 – 1976
• Dealt with conveyancing, public health and planning enforcement, prosecutions and agreements, and other general local authority work, including agreements with developers regarding road and sewer adoption and other contracts.
Liverpool Regional Hospital Board
1971 – 1972